Courtesy & Etiquette
Be aware of your speed of play!
• Always keep the players ahead of you in sight.
• Go to the next tee before stating & recording your scores.
• After a shot has been played, proceed to the next shot.
• Clean & replace clubs while your partner is getting ready to hit.
• Play your shot while someone is looking for a lost ball (making sure those in your group know you are going to hit your ball).
• Align your putt while others are putting or aligning their putts, making sure to stay out of the putter’s line of sight & avoiding any unnecessary movements.
• Keep your pre-shot routine to a minimum.
• If in a cart, don’t wait for your partner to hit before driving to your ball.
• Minimize trips back to the cart by walking with a few clubs and your putter whenever you get close to the green or when you are not allowed to drive carts on the fairway.
• If you have fallen behind, the first two to putt out may go immediately to the next tee.
Be courteous & thoughtful to other players and the golf course:• Do not move or talk while another player is playing a shot.
• Do not stand in a player’s line of vision.
• Repair all ball marks on the putting green.
• Replace fairway divots and/or fill with sand.
• When approaching a green, wait for the players ahead to completely clear the green before hitting your shot.
• After arriving at a green, park carts/bags on the side toward the next hole, not in front of the green.